KH Guardian Pro Alkalinity Monitor
Automatic monitoring and control of alkalinity.
The KH Guardian is without doubt one of the most innovative, exciting and ultimate game changing reef aquarium product of this century from the brilliant minds of Dr. Bridge. The KHG is an all-in-one device that automatically monitors and manages carbonate hardness values of a reef tank throughout the day.
Such an instrument is often considered “the holy grail” and can dramatically simplify and improve the way we manage KH parameters of our aquatic investment.
What is Alkalinity(KH)?
Alkalinity is a means of quantifying the stability of pH in aquarium water. It is a measure of the concentration of various negatively charged ionic compounds (anions) such as carbonates, bicarbonates, borate and hydroxides in the aquarium water.
Although a simple and affordable test, user error and time is taken out of the equation so that one can rest assured that their reef aquarium is safe and stable.
Why is Alkalinity Essential?
Alkalinity maintenance is a critical aspect of coral reef aquarium husbandry.
If left unchecked, alkalinity can drop below a critical level and pH begins to fluctuate more wildly than the suggested daily pH shift of +/-0.2 for marine aquaria, causing stress to livestock. In a marine aquarium, the desired alkalinity is usually between 7° and 10° dKH (German carbonate hardness).
KH Guardian makes it possible to monitor the buffering capacity and automatically manage KH levels of your aquarium water in a simple all in one device.
- Monitors AND Controls Alkalinity
- Automatic tests carbonate hardness levels directly from aquarium
- Controls your KH values throughout the day resulting in rock-solid stability
- Continuous monitoring and data logging (pre installed memory card for long term data logging)
- Easy to read LED display
- Compact, easy installation and simple operation
- Bio-Safe reagent can be dosed back into the aquarium
- Uses only one reagent for each test. The used reagent can be added directly to the aquarium without any safety concern. (Each test only takes around 3 – 4 mls of reagent)
- Supports remote terminal function to monitor and control the instrument via any web browser on the same local network. No need to install any software or APP. Simply use web browser for operation.
- AIM – Alkalinity Interface Module available separately to allow connection to aquarium computer such as Apex.
- Built in graphical display from interface
- Dimensions: 25cm (H) x 20cm (w) x 12cm (D)
- Precision is +/- 0.1 dKH.
- Measurement range: 5 -12 dKH.
- Automatic measuring interval can be set from 30 to 240 minutes.
- Each measurement takes about 3 to 7 minutes
- KHG Reagent Information
- The KH Guardian reagent is a special concentrated formulation to ensure the accuracy of the testing and safety of the reagent that goes back into your aquarium. Dr. Bridge carefully selected pharmaceutical grade reagent for purity and stability.
- Each pack of concentrated KH reagent requires dilution with 1500 grams (+/- 1 gram) (please note that it is not ml) of pure water.
- The KHG reagent usage depends on testing frequency and the alkalinity of the water being tested. Typically, with an alkalinity of 7.5kH, the KHG will use approx. 2.2mls of reagent per measurement. With an alkalinity of 13kH, the KHG will use approx. 3.8mls of reagent per test.
- No preservatives are added to the concentrated KH reagent pack in order to protect the safety of living creatures in your reef aquarium.
To Return Your Order:
- Please use the contact us section to Email or Call with your reasons for return.
- You must provide full details, your name, address and postcode.
- Your date of purchase and the date you accepted delivery of the item.
- Your reason for returning the item – unwanted / faulty / damaged etc
- Please also state if you would like your item replaced or fully refunded.
- And you must do so within 7 days of accepting delivery of your item.
We will contact you within 2 working days with our feedback and advise you further on returning your item. No refunds will be processed until they are received and fully inspected by one of our advisers. Where possible you can provide these details in person and return your items to our Glasgow store.
Please also revise our Policy’s below before getting in touch.
Standard Returns Policy
In all situations your item must be returned to us at your own expense. Your products are your responsibility until they are received for inspection by us in our Glasgow store.
We cannot in any instance accept returns for any damaged in transit goods if you have inspected and accepted delivery of the item. If the item is damaged upon arrival please do not accept delivery and contact us immediately. If you wish to return your item for other reasons we allow 7 working days to return any faulty or unwanted goods. Where possible we will endeavor to send out replacement parts and work towards a solution in replacing or refunding your item.
In any instance we cannot accept return of any livestock purchase. We ask that you take the proper precautions before placing any order of livestock by fully researching the fish, coral or invertebrate. We cannot accept of the item once your order has been placed and/or received and reserve the right to deny refund. Special instances in which you have mistakenly ordered an unsuitable item and the item has not been processed for dispatch and still in our Glasgow store we can endeavor to cancel your order for you. We will always try our best to do what we can for our customers and we always ask that you try and get in touch with a customer adviser for any advice or help.
Livestock DOA Policy
If your livestock item is received Dead On Arrival we ask that you contact us immediately. We reserve the right to deny refund if we are not contacted within 24 hours after accepting delivery of your item. We reserve the right to deny refund in any instance we deem appropriate of any deaths of livestock removed from their original shipment packaging after 24 hours. We ask that you take a photograph of the livestock in its original packaging and use our contact us section to email us. We reserve the right to deny refund if we suspect any foul play or misconduct when handling your new livestock item.
Postage Refund Policy
In any event we reserve the right to deduct postage and restocking fees.